1 medium fennel bulb, sliced thinly like an onion, (depending on the size, use ½ to ¾ of the bulb)
1 bunch collard greens, stems removed and chopped
1-2 garlic gloves, chopped
1-2 teaspoons Simply Organic All Purpose seasoning (or a no salt seasoning)
1-2 Tablespoons Coconut Aminos (they have a sweetness to them)
¼ – ½ cup veggie broth, Pacific Organic low sodium vegetable broth or your own
dash of apple cider vinegar or lemon juice
1. Placed sliced fennel in skillet on low heat and cover. They will sweat, producing
liquid. Check back in a few minutes, to make sure your fire was not too high. They
should began to cook, soften and turn translucent, not burn. If it starts to brown or dry
out, add veggie broth or water.
2. Once there is some liquid add the garlic, let sit covered for another minute
3. Add 1 teaspoon of all purpose seasoning, mix well and add the greens. Add ¼ cup of
stock. Stir and cover. Turn up heat to medium setting.
4. In 5 minutes. Smell, see if you think it could use more all purpose seasoning. You
should smell greens, garlic and some extra seasoning. If you add more all no salt all
purpose seasoning, it will not hurt the dish. Add 1 tablespoon of coconut aminos. Let
cook for2-3 minutes
5. Check liquid level. If you are happy with it, do not add any more stock. Greens should
be bright green, wilted a bit and soft enough to eat. If they are not, let cook to your
desired consistency. Taste them. If you’d like more sweet, add coconut aminos.
6. Remove from heat sprinkle with apple cider vinegar or squeeze ½ lemon
7. Serve and enjoy.